What is Your Body-Mind type?
Everyone is unique and born with a specific mind-body type that influences their physical, psychological, and behavioral traits, as well as their preferences and tastes. In Ayurveda it is defined as Prakriti-your genetic nature, your constitution.
We always get surprise to know we react differently to same situation, same food or same lifestyle. Why? Spicy hot food causes discomfort, heart burn to one person but the same goes fine with other. Someone loves winter someone cannot tolerate cold and enjoys warm summer.why?As we see in the same family two persons have different nature one is calm and quiet and like relaxed life style and other is active talkative and enjoys traveling,adventures.Why?
It is your body-mind type thatís why you tend to react to situations and circumstances in the way that you do.
Constitution is his nature which is genetically determined. Each constitution is made up of three doshas, Vata, Pitta and Kapha with relative proportion. The predominant Dosha at the time of conception is responsible for that type of Constitution. There are 7 types of constitutions, one Dosha dominating, two doshas dominating which are common and all three doshas at balance state which is rare type.
When you learn what your mind-body type is, you get insight into your basic nature.
We need to take care of our dominating Dosha as it is already high in proportion so it will be easily imbalanced with its aggravating diet or lifestyle. Knowing your body mind type will not only helps you to understand what foods, exercise, weather, and activities are best for you and which tend to imbalance you but also helps you to cope with situations, circumstances, other people, and stress
Proper balance is the key to a long and healthy life filled with vitality.
General features of Vata dominating body mind type-
- Vata individuals are small, thin, short heighted, underdeveloped. They often have cold hands and cold feet, dry, cold crackled skin, thin, rough hair and brittle nails. They like warm food rich in sweet, sour and salty taste .they have irregular digestion, tendency to constipation. Vata people are very active, talkative, exited and alert. They enjoy walking, running, hiking and biking but do not sweat easily.
- Vata mind is unstable, they may found difficulty in decision making, often get worried, anxious and nervous. They are intelligent; they easily understand but also easily forget. They prefer warm weather
General features of Pitta dominating body mind type-
- Pitta individuals are of medium physique and with good muscular development. Skin is warm, oily. They have light, straight, soft, and brown or blonde hair and soft and pinkish nails.
- Their appetite is good, and need to eat regularly. Elimination is regular with soft stool and tends to be loose. They like sweet, bitter, and astringent taste. They enjoy physical activity and sweat profusely .They are organized, goal oriented and perfectionist. and have strong voice, good memory. They tend to be angry easily, and to be become impatient and irritated. They prefer cool weather.
General features of Kapha dominating body mind type-
- Kapha individuals have large body frame, well buildup. They are fair with soft glossy skin.Hair are thick, and black in color. They have slow digestion and can easily skip their meals. They like the food bitter, pungent and astringent in taste.
- They perform work which is slow but steady. They have good physical strength but enjoy slow and steady activities. These persons are intelligent, with strong memory especially long term memory. They are stable, calm, do work after thorough thinking. Forgiveness is their nature. They prefer warm and dry weather.
Schedule your consultation to know what is your body type, what are your imbalances? How to restore natural balance? What is suitable diet and life style, daily routine for your body type and to balance your Dosha? What are body-mind therapies best for you and how can you promote self healing.